• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Three year problem, being stifled being a photographer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rjphoto

To Whom This May Concern.

I will try to be a brief as I possibly can.
I have loved photography ever since i was four years-old and am a graduate of a photography school in 1997.

For three years I have been trying to establish a small office, not studio, business for my photography services.
I have went to The City Hall in my town and had gotten a certificate to register to be a photographer. but City Hall had brought to my attention that I needed to go to the D. P. W. to get the permits and permisson to do so. In short, I have been denied permits to have my small office business in my own home!

It's not a question of zoning since there are people frequently doing so and as long as it doesn't disrupt the tranquility of the area it would be fine to do so.

I have been informed about hooror stories of the D. P. W. interfering with ALL business in my town and collecting tolls for people who are trying to make names for themselves, mostly those who aren't elitists of the town.

My town is uncommonly wealthy, economically and I do believe as many others have even stated to me that my town is corrupt, selective, and biased.

After being denied my rights to have a life with my dream I decided to go to the people instead, the streets, to have my own display just for show, NO PROFIT. I wrote a letter to the D. P. W. and they denied me of this move also. Although what is contrary is that musicians are allowed and certain street vendors and local business are allowed to go out right in the sidewalk, disrupt traffic, and SELL their products or music and I'm not allowed to set up my skinny tripod and display 4 little pictures? 8 X 10's too. I did have this display by the way and I wasn't even on the sidewalk. I planned it smart and had my display on the very same day of a parade that had taken place.

The message that I am getting and from many people, credible people, who have informed me that unless you sacrifice your profits to the D. P. W. you may be fine. However these people are afraid to stand up for their own rights and voice their opinions. I am the only one fighting this.

The D. P. W. runs the whole town, City Hall has no power at all and obviously regular people neither. I do not have a car and am basically poor. I am very fortunate to have the things I do.

I really do not understand conformism and one-sidedness that are inside people? It's all right for others do go ahead with plans but not someone else. I think this is called selective bias.

I do have a link but will not post it here, it would be inappropriate to do that. If interested I can be emailed for it.

I must mention that I will be picking up my camera and services people regardless of the rules that exist in my town.
I feel this is going to be a rough ride. A photographer who cannot get a certificate, permit and or license, it's going to be a rough fight I imagine. All business here you have to have permit for anything you do and exceptance by the D. P. W. residential or not.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time in reading this letter

Robert Danylieko

------------------
Robert

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">