• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

THREESOME

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

broadst25

When I needed to raise some cash to pay some bills a few years ago, I sold some equipment from the corporation. I did not tell the other two minority shareholders. The deal was: I'll sell you my "stuff", and I'll pay you back in two years. If I can't make the payment, my "stuff" is yours to keep.
My partners found out and now are trying to disolve the corp. Who really owns the "stuff" at this point? I gave a hand written "note" to the person I sold the "stuff" to.

T

Tracey

Congratulations. You committed theft when you used corporate assets as collateral for a personal loan. You'll be lucky if your minority shareholders don't file criminal charges agaisnt you.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

B

BROADST25

dear tracy,
let me clear this up a little bit. it was not a personal loan. it was to pay bills related to the business. when we started the business, i put up all the funds. they were to put in hours worked. as it turns out they didn't put in too many hours also. when i asked them to help out with the bills (during the slow season) they refused. i did what i did to keep the business alive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">