• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trademark

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarms

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I'm opening a pizza business and wanted to use the phrase ready n hot, I know hot n ready is trademarked already by one of the pizza chains, but would I be able to flip the words around or is that trademark infringement?

FlyingRon

The questions are two fold. First would be whether the term is purely descriptive, you might have one there. Of course, if the chain is famous enough they can argue their phrase has become distinctive in their use and then just flipping the words around would likely to be considered potentially confusing between the marks. In your case, Little Ceasar has achieved registration on the "HOT-N-READY" mark and hence appears to already have conquered the distinctive part.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">