• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trademark ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tnc

I've invented a product and received a patent for it. As I am beginning to produce and market this product I was wondering if I should file a Trademark application for the name of my product. Could I wait and file for one later if this really takes off or could someone else try and Trademark my product name? Any info will ge greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Tom

J

JBK Georgia

Similar to copyright, you have a common law trademark without registering it (in the geographic area where the product is marketed). However, the protections you get are far less than if you register the mark. If you have the resources to obtain a registration, you should register for one, especially if you intend to advertise.

------------------
This post contains general advice only, not specific legal advice. Check with an attorney in your area before taking legal action. No attorney/client relationship has been created or should be implied. This post is not a solicitation for business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">