• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trademark Registration and Starting a Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jared1080

Colorado, USA

I'm starting a business that entails clothing, logos, unique branding, etc. I have some big questions about trademarks and how to file the business.

First, I've successfuly registered my domain name online, and with all the research I've done, it doesn't appear that the name is being used for business. Since I own the rights to the domain name, do I need to trademark the name of the business as well? In addition, I have a couple slogans in mind; do I need to register these as well? Where to I go to do this?

As of the time of writing this, I am just the sole propietor, but I have a few other people in mind to join and help build the company. I am very lost how to file the business: do I file as a corporation to begin with? LLC? LTD? Who or where can I go that will answer these questions in very understandable terms that benefit a startup company?

Thanks for your time and any help on this

Jared.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">