• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

transferring property to a corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eryan

What is the name of your state? ca-I want to transfer property to my corporation in order to remove it (the loan) from my name so that when it comes to purchasing a property under my name it will show that I own no real property. Is this possible?

HomeGuru

eryan said:
What is the name of your state? ca-I want to transfer property to my corporation in order to remove it (the loan) from my name so that when it comes to purchasing a property under my name it will show that I own no real property. Is this possible?

**A: no because any transfer of property would not remove the mortgage that is secured on title. Title to real property and a mortgage loan are 2 separate issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">