• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transferring Property in to LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dyewilliam

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I have a cabin that I want to start renting for vacationers. I have a friend that currently does this with his. He told me to get a Article of Organization - Limited Liability Company and than transfer the cabin in to the LLC. I have contact State and Federal agencies about this and they do not know how to do that. My friend told me he had his attorney just do it for him. There must be a form that for this that I can not find anywhere. How do I transfer or register property in to an LLC.

On a side note in the process of getting this LLC I had to get a Wisconsin Sellers permit so I can start collecting sales tax on each rental. I have registered for that and should be receiving this shortly.

seniorjudge

Q: How do I transfer or register property in to an LLC?

A: My friend told me he had his attorney just do it for him.

dyewilliam

R: I currently do not retain the services of an Attorney, hence my inquisition on how to do this myself. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appriciated greatly.

seniorjudge

R: I currently do not retain the services of an Attorney, hence my inquisition on how to do this myself. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appriciated greatly.
I did point you in the right direction.

I will also add that you need a tax CPA.

Are you doing everything you can to avoid anybody piercing the corporate veil?

dyewilliam

Wow

Well the corporate veil is being held waverly by our President George W. Bush and to be honest I would like to avoid that if at all possible. I really hoped for more I could do on my own, maybe someone else can direct me in a better direction. I see all sorts of Forms on the Wisconsin Revenue site I just need to know which transfer, registration or declaration form I need. :confused:

dyewilliam

Well the corporate veil is being held waverly by our President George W. Bush and to be honest I would like to avoid that if at all possible. I really hoped for more I could do on my own, maybe someone else can direct me in a better direction. I see all sorts of Forms on the Wisconsin Revenue site I just need to know which transfer, registration or declaration form I need. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">