• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trial Delay

• Thread starter Dr. Eduardo Algiers
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dr. Eduardo Algiers

I installed several plants in a customers yeard over 8 months ago. Recently he said they were not the quality he wanted and has taken me to court.

I do not have the money to pay a lawyer now. I have had the case reset twice but need some help. I will have the money in 5 or 6 months and need to know some legal ways I can get the trial put off until then.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A

AJK2nd

You may wish to check with the local bar association. Often they will refer you to a local lawyer that will give you help with little or no charge on a one time basis.

JETX

Since you don't show where you are (see the text in red at the top.. it says, "Remember: Include your state in all postings"), you won't get any specific advice.

However, I assume that this is a small claims case. If so, go to court on the scheduled day and 'tell it to the judge'. It is important to note whether you provided an guarantee when you planted the plants. If not, I believe that the Plaintiff's delay of 8 months is a too long for him to now say, "Gee, these are just the wrong quality".

Finally, what does your agreement say about type, quality and size of plants to be provided??? Did the buyer review and accept the plants when he/she paid?? You need to look at your agreement.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">