• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trying to get a share of my husbands company.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KristenPrichard

What is the name of your state? California

I am a Bookkeeper. My husband and his father own a Cabinet Shop. There business is not doing well at all. They owe alot of money and he is not bringing home enough pay to support our family. About 3 months ago, his dad brought in a man to help them with there financial situation and help to run the business better. Well its not exactully working. I think im the only one who see's that. I beleive that is because they are making more money than my husband tells me and putting in all back into the company and not bringing hardley any home. Recentally, I confronted my husband and told him that I wanted half of his share of the company. I would like to be able to go and work more on there financial situation in order to help them all bring home more money. I have tried to help before but no one listens to me because I am not an owner. I would like to have some say so in there financial decisions since I am a financial expert and my husband wants me to be an owner also. When he confronted his father, he said no, I beleive only because we do not get along. Yet his wife has a share of the the company. I see no reasoning with this man and I think that my husband should be able to bring his wife in as a signed owner, being that his father brings in who ever he pleases. Can anyone please help me. I need some advise on what my rights are, and what my husbands rights are. Maybe there is something that I can do to get into this company without a fight.

D

Dila

Is getting involved really worth it? Usually people fight to get out, not get in.

How is the business set up? Is it a proprietorship? A partnership?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">