• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UBID

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thechef

I bought a monitor at UBID. On the page was a picture of the monitor- it was a sony one, which looked real nice. I won the monitor and when it came, it looked nothing like the picture. It didnt have sony on it, but had Sun. I know they said sony/sun on it, but the picture was clearly a sony. The monitor might have the same specs, but they look nothing alike. I was wondering if I can dispute the charges on my credit card for this reason?

E

ed

It would be worth a try. Showing a false picture of the item could be "fraud in the inducement" and that could be cause for rescinding the contract. You would have to return the monitor; however, in the circumstances, they should pay the shipping.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">