• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair Competetion Law in NY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mutercim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

We are a group of translators in New York that do business online , via mail , email. Our rates have been same for the longest time. However a brand new translator have joined a list that we are members of and this person charges $22 for a document translation that averages $65- $75 with other translators. As you can imagine ever since this person emerged from nowhere our business have dropped and we no longer can earn from translating. Is there such law in the state of New York that prevents unfair competition? I reside in New Jersey, this new translator resides in New York? If there is such law, after I try reasoning with this person and it doesn't work out where can I pursue my legal rights? In New York or New Jersey? I appreciate any help I can get from experts. Thank you

cyjeff

Welcome to free enterprise.

Further, what you and your fellow translators are trying to do is called "price fixing" and is illegal.

I recommend you lower your rates or provide more of a service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">