• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Uniform Commercial Code

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cbrown

From PA:

I purchased a tractor from Cub Cadet last summer. Since I purchaed it the Engine, Belts and Muffler heat shield have been replaced. Plus I have had numerous other problems with it.

I am trying to gather infromation about how the UUC and warranty of merchantability or fitness for ordinary use. May apply to this purchase. So that I can get Cub Cadet to replace the tractor.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Section 2-319 is what you seek with a cross over i think with 509
http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/ucc.table.html

Basically, if they conspicuously disclaim the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, then you may not be in luck. It really depends on the type of problems you are having....Perhaps the lemon law might apply here?

C

Cbrown

Thanks for your reply, but I looked into the lemon laws and I don't see how they could be applied in this type of problem. Is there any other way that you can think of to get action from Cub Cadet?

T

Tracey

a tractor is a big purchase. Lots of money is at stake. Keep educating yourself, but hire a lawyer too. Don't be penny wise & pound foolish.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">