• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unlimted Account now limited

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MarthaJHP

I am in PA. I received email stating that I my account will be suspended for Extended Use Violations. I paid a one sum fee for an Unlimited Use Account with this ISP. Now they tell me I am 'burdening' the system? They tell me their servers are set up based on the
nation wide average for internet use being approximately 45 hours per month. They also stated their dialup provider charges them for all use over 150 hours per month. Last
month my account was logged on for 398 hours, which cost the company over $247 to provide my "FREE" access. Furthermore they go on to state, "If this trend of extended use continues, we will no longer be able to
provide this service."

Now this was after intially telling me that they were going to suspend my account. And me emailing them that I will have to get a lawyer as none of this is stated anywhere on their site. I have a business under that account and they will be causing my business to go under as well.

And not that they need to know, but being a virtual shut-in, as I am crippled, I specifically searched for and paid for the Unlimited usage account as I do have a lot of time on my hands and I am on the internet a lot.

Do I have a legal leg to stand on here?

Appreciate any advice you can give me here ;)

Martha

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">