• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Car Repair-Not Done

• Thread starter shortandsassy39
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shortandsassy39

I took my car in to have the transmission replaced, and when it was returned I drove it for two days when the transmission went out again so I took it back and now he saying that it's the converter belt. He's had the car for three weeks now and every time I ask when it will be ready I keep getting the run around. I paid 800.00 to get the car fix, now I need to know what I can do to either get my money bac or get the car fixed.

JETX

Easy solution... don't accept the 'run around'. Demand that he give you a definite schedule for completion. Also, I assume that you have a written estimate for the second repair. If not, get one before authorizing any expenses!!!

However, your post is a little confusing...
Was the transmission 'repaired' or 'replaced'? From the price (and without knowin model or location), it sounds like either a repair or install a used transmission. Either way, the Torgue Converter would probably NOT be a part of the original repair (especially for that price). If so, you will probably have to pay for the second (separate) repair. I might suggest that if you feel the two ARE related, call some other tranny shops. Ask them about the correlation, if any, the torque convertor has to the original repair. If they feel there is a connection, get them to confirm their opinion in writing, then consider suing the first tranny shop in small claims.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">