• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Car Slaes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

knight_hawk99

I live in California and my question is reguarding used car sales. I want to buy and sell used cars for some extra cash on the side and I want to know if there is a limit to the amount of cars you can sell without some sort of a liscence. I heard it was 5. If this is true what kind of liscence do i need to get to be able to buy and sell used cars from my home? And where would I get it? Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

knight_hawk99 said:
I live in California and my question is reguarding used car sales. I want to buy and sell used cars for some extra cash on the side and I want to know if there is a limit to the amount of cars you can sell without some sort of a liscence. I heard it was 5. If this is true what kind of liscence do i need to get to be able to buy and sell used cars from my home? And where would I get it? Thanks

My response:

Oh, I know you're going to hate this, like most Californians do, but you're going to need to go to your nearest Department of Motor Vehicles and pick up a Dealership license application. They are the good folks who issue those licenses and administer the law with regard to dealers.

They have all the pamphlets concerning the laws and regulations on this subject.

Good luck, and don't get too bored waiting in those lines!
Bring a book.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">