• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using cell phone photo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mstruttm

What is the name of your state? FL

I am pursuing packaging for a cell phone accessory I have developed. I would like to show my product attached to a particular name brand phone. Is this legal as long as I do not show the logo and I use my own original pictures? Do I need to obtain permission for this? Thanks.

mstruttm

I have seen car commercials showing competitor's cars without showing their logo. Is this the same thing and does this mean that their competitor gave them permission to show their car being outdone?

K

krispenstpeter

And, of course, this licensing company OWNED the copyright to the product you want to photograph?

Do you go to a Gardner to get your teeth worked on?:rolleyes:

mstruttm

I wonder how many people you have steered away from this sight with your ugly tone and sarcasm. Why can't you just respond nicely instead of trying to make everyone feel inferior?

K

krispenstpeter

Well soooo sorry.

O.K. here's a NICE reply for you.

The advice you got is exactly what you paid for from the licensing company.

mstruttm

Any suggestions to avoid disclosing my product to a large mobile phone company. Can I seek confidential permission? Where can I get a phone to use for my photo that does not require permission or would be very easy to obtain permission?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">