• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using Commercial Storage Facility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dhruva19

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

Hi,

I have applied for a Retail License as proprietor in Greenville, South Carolina. The Department of Revenue is insisting on a Place of Business other than a PO Box. I cannot give my residence address as the property owners are refusing to allow me to run a proprietor business from home.

I would like to know if I can use a commercial storage place as the place of business for the retail license ?

Thanks,
Proprietor

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

Hi,

I have applied for a Retail License as proprietor in Greenville, South Carolina. The Department of Revenue is insisting on a Place of Business other than a PO Box. I cannot give my residence address as the property owners are refusing to allow me to run a proprietor business from home.

I would like to know if I can use a commercial storage place as the place of business for the retail license ?

Thanks,
Proprietor
**A: so where is this retail biz going to be operated from?

dhruva19

commercial storage place as a place for storing all business records

Hello Sir,

I want to use the commercial storage place as a place for storing all business records and use it as the business address in Dept of Revenue application. The retail business license has been obtained to run a small consulting business for a proprietor kind of business. There is no physical product or goods which will be sold to customers. Department of Revenue is not happy to take a PO Box as business address. I am just trying to squeeze my budget for less than $50 per month rent for the place of business. My residence can not be used because of zoning regulations and also because my property owner refused to allow me to use my residence as place of business.

Please suggest any other method where I could get a cheap office space for renting and also to be shown to Department of Revenue as official place of business.

thanks,
proprietor

HomeGuru

Hello Sir,

I want to use the commercial storage place as a place for storing all business records and use it as the business address in Dept of Revenue application. The retail business license has been obtained to run a small consulting business for a proprietor kind of business. There is no physical product or goods which will be sold to customers. Department of Revenue is not happy to take a PO Box as business address. I am just trying to squeeze my budget for less than $50 per month rent for the place of business. My residence can not be used because of zoning regulations and also because my property owner refused to allow me to use my residence as place of business.

Please suggest any other method where I could get a cheap office space for renting and also to be shown to Department of Revenue as official place of business.

thanks,
proprietor

**A: you are confusing hte issue. You can use your residnece address as the mailing address because that will not be your place of business. The business place would be the storage facility. Why can't you use the storage place as your biz address? There are lots of cheap office space in your area. You are not trying hard enough.

FlyingRon

How about a PMB location like the UPS store. I have a box there, but my address there is a regular street address (it's just that of the store itself).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">