• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using Data from a Web Site

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dennis7849

ARIZONA

I want to start a new biz. The new biz requires that I gather specific info. This info is printed in news papers and it is available on the web. One website does the data entry work that I need and freely shares the info that I need for my biz. The website does not place any restrictions or limitation on the use of their info.

Can I use the information from this website as part of my own money making biz without any legal concern?

If you need more specifics, I can provide them.

Dennis7849

Specifics

The website is GrocerySmarts.com. They offer lists of advertised products. They get the list info from news papers and online stores. I want to take these lists, modify them a little and sell them.

Any legal advice would be helpful. Thanks

Last edited:

FlyingRon

If you make a list if items and prices, the underlying information is NOT copyright.
However the advertisement itself has the expression of information that is copyright protected. You can't "uncopyright" stuff by just modifying it.
You need to provide more details for a better answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">