• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using and Identical business model

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

av8

Texas
I picked up a 2nd part time job, working the operational side. We had 2 sales reps and the President & CEO oversaw the entire operation. During my 6 months working there, we grew not as much as he would have liked, but there was a couple of problems that I saw that could have went a lot better, and I tried to offer suggestions but our CEO, was a very aggressive businessman. (he was in telecommunications for over 30 years, started his own telecommunication then sold it, now he started this new company. He does have a lot of creditability, but he did loose business because of his pricing.

I have since then left the company, and was thinking about doing the same thing, offering some of the same service but at price that would be competitive. I did not sign any kind of documentation when I started, I did not do anything that would prevent me from doing this business on my own. I do, however, have documents that he did use, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Contracts, Referral Agreements, that was put in place by his company.

I understand, I would have to get new documents from a lawyer, which I wouldn't mind doing.

Can I get an injunction or be sued for using the knowledge that I learned? And start up my own LLC? I would NOT be taking his clients, i would try and build up my own clientele. Any advice

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">