• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using Licensed Material to create new product?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mad

What is the name of your state? PA

I run a small home based business making customized scrapbooks (Scrapbooks are bound books with blank pages that you fill with pictures, stickers, etc.) I print the customer's name or event, etc. onto the book and coordinate the spine and back cover with a fabric… sorry about all of the details… here is my question, I’ve been asked by a client to make her a scrapbook for her upcoming Disney Trip. I will print the custom cover as normal but purchase the licensed Disney Fabric from a local fabric store… Can I do this? Do you think Disney would have an issue if I used Mickey Mouse Fabric, create a book and then sell it for profit? I plan on making and selling more then just this one…

Thanks for any advice you can give!

divgradcurl

"Do you think Disney would have an issue if I used Mickey Mouse Fabric, create a book and then sell it for profit? I plan on making and selling more then just this one…"

Yes, Disney would very likely have a problem with this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">