• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using the same incorporated business for import/export opportunities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mawan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware, Washington DC

I am registered in Delaware as S Corporation and as Foreign entity in Washington DC with focus on Business Consulting. Is it possible to use the same business corporation for Import / Export to avoid the expenses and time?

Essentially, I want to be able to diversify my business opportunities and I understand I will be diluting my business name. But I was thinking if I could do DBA (Doing Business As).

Any help is greatly appreciated?

Thank you

tranquility

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Delaware, Washington DC

I am registered in Delaware as S Corporation and as Foreign entity in Washington DC with focus on Business Consulting. Is it possible to use the same business corporation for Import / Export to avoid the expenses and time?

Essentially, I want to be able to diversify my business opportunities and I understand I will be diluting my business name. But I was thinking if I could do DBA (Doing Business As).

Any help is greatly appreciated?

Thank you
What do your organizing documents say?

mawan

What do your organizing documents say?
(1) Business management consultation, namely, advising commercial and government customers in all fields, about business strategy, organization performance and business related policy areas; improvement of business performance; management information and information technology; business technology management and enterprise architecture initiatives; financial analysis and consultation in the nature of assisting clients with strategic initiatives; educational services in the nature of conducting seminars, workshops, and conferences in the field of business management; computer and software consultation as well as design of computer hardware and software within the field of management consulting; computer hardware and software in connection with business management consulting.
(2) Business software, namely, software for capturing, organizing, analyzing, storing, accessing, and reporting data; software for analyzing and optimizing the use of other computer software; software for visualization and interacting with data and information associated with business processes; software for online analytical processing, and for data mining.

davew128

So what happened when the Board of Directors made changes to the corporate charter as outlined in the corporate minutes outlining the intended operations of the business?

mawan

As part of the business consulting, we would like to explore the partnership with the clients to conduct import export transactions. Will this require simple amendment to the charter? Are there other steps to we will need to take.

Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">