• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Purchase under new LLC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PortlandDMA

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I recently started a LLC and have received my EIN. I'm in the process of getting all my startup equipment. I'd like to purchase a company vehicle. I understand how to claim the vehicle. Either by depreciation and expense or mileage and maintenance. How do I actually purchase/register it under the business? Do I use my EIN in replace of a social security number for finance & registration purposes?

Thanks in advance...
Dominic

jacksonesq

For financing it depends on what information that the bank wants. If you are just starting your business it is likely that they will want you to be personally responsible for the loan. So you will need both your EIN and Social.

For the registration you should be able to register it under the company's name.

PortlandDMA

For financing it depends on what information that the bank wants. If you are just starting your business it is likely that they will want you to be personally responsible for the loan. So you will need both your EIN and Social.

For the registration you should be able to register it under the company's name.
Ok, will that build credit under my EIN just as a consumers credit is built through Trans Union, Equifax, etc?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">