• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal aggreement legal and binding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

azphotog15

What is the name of your state? Arizona
my father took over a business selling center pivot irrigation sprinklers. he was the only one to sell these pivots in the area recently. due to financial reasons, he had to take a partner. the guy seemed honest at the time. the only agreement they had about hte partner ship was a verbal agreement other then the banking account being opened in both their names. my father had been selling the pivots for a year and a half before the partner came. after one year in the partnership, the new partner is saying my dad has never given to the bisiness when he has sold over ten pivots and done all the service work on them and others. the other partner has only sold one pivot and refuses to do service work. he is also now saying that my father is not a partner because he has not put nay money into the business. i wonder if there is any thing that can be done about this as he is stealing something from my father that he worked very hard to achieve. is a verbal agreement legal and binding in this case? is there anything that can be used to fight this case? all advice is helpful and needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">