• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal agreement legally binding? help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mooreme

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I am a nurse practitioner and have decided to open my own practice. In TN I am required to have a precepting physician. I am family practice so I wanted a family practice MD but settled for an internal med doc. Two weeks ago I was introduced to a family MD through another MD friend of mine who was interested in precepting me. My husband and I met with this family MD and discussed all the details, responsibilities and compensation, for well over a hour. At the end of our meeting I ask him point blank if we had a deal, he said yes and we shook hands. I then called the internal med doc and explained my situation and he understood considering we had different specialties. I then place the order for all the equipment, more than $40,000, before which I was only out of a job and a lease agreement on the building. Two weeks later and five days before the start date I call the family MD to go over the written contract and he tells me he has reconsidered and will not be able to help me.

HELP! Do I have any legal options? I am currently looking for another MD but now I have employees and equipment$$$ that I am now responsible for payments on and cannot practice without an MD to bring in money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">