• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal business contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bandv

FL, I purchased a business by verbal contract.Many misleading info given to purchase business including fraud issues. it is owner financed, with monthly payments. Payments due on 15th of month. I issued owner a check on 14th asked to hold until 15th. I collect money on fridays from clients. Owner put check thru, we bank at same bank. The check hit account on 14th causing it to come back NSF. Property is sub leased. Owner came to property and told me I had to be out by this Fri - July 28th. He is also trying to sell business to some one else from underneath me. What can I do? Injunction, cease and desist order, or restraining order? Please help.

JETX

With all due respect, your situation has such immediacy (and repercussions) that you should not rely on access to a 'free' legal opinion without an extensive review of your facts.

You really need to consult an attorney licensed in your state, let him look at whatever documents and payments you have made so that he can help you. Any suggestions or opinions received here would be of little or no benefit in this situation.

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">