• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mzeih

April 7, 2000, I made a verbal agreement with an out-of-state company as a Web Site Reseller. I live in Missouri and the company is in Utah. I have since read various articles regarding over-priced web selling scams. I paid with a credit card. To date, I have not received the credit card statement with the charge. I wish to cancel the agreement and have my credit card credited. I have NOT signed any contracts or documents. Am I contractually obligated or may I back out and get my money back?

I

IndNewsSrv

You said as of this date they have not charged your credit card.You may still be able to get out now.Once they charge you then you'll have a tougher time trying to get out.Right now you just gave the go to have them make you a web site..most companies wont do any work till they have money on their hands..So cancel with them now before they charge your card.If they already have...just ask for a cancellation and if they give you attitude just gather info that you have reason to believe they are a scam...they will run faster than a cheetah!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mzeih:
April 7, 2000, I made a verbal agreement with an out-of-state company as a Web Site Reseller. I live in Missouri and the company is in Utah. I have since read various articles regarding over-priced web selling scams. I paid with a credit card. To date, I have not received the credit card statement with the charge. I wish to cancel the agreement and have my credit card credited. I have NOT signed any contracts or documents. Am I contractually obligated or may I back out and get my money back?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Look on the back of one of your credit card Statements. There, you'll find instructions for canceling a charge. Normally, you write a short letter to your Credit Card company, explaining in a short, succinct manner, what happened, what hasn't happened, who the creditor is, and how much the charge is to be for. Tell them you want all charges against your card in the name of that company to be blocked.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">