• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Contract/Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Joel B

ok, this is a very small dispute, but i just don't want to get taken. i called a limo rental agency and put in a reservation for a town car. on the phone, the woman gave me her scripted talk, and came to the part about a deposit. i asked when this deposit was due, i had heard from some people it is usually due like a week before the actually usage, and i needed to know. she said that i was to send it in when i send in a written contract that contained my destinations and such. i interpreted this as meaning that if i did not send in the contract and deposit, i would simply lose my reservation, the same way you are under no obligation for a hotel room, if you dont show, you dont owe them anything. i eventually decided to rent from another place, and when i called to cancel the reservation, the owner informed me i still owed the $112.50 deposit, and that i had entered a verbal contract. all this is over the phone, i never met face to face with these people. i never signed anything. i was not even under the impression i was under any obligation at all! does the guy have a legal leg to stand on? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ALawyer

I'd bet they won't sue for it.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">