• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Very Late Car Movers. Do I have a case? HELP ASAP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kara

I contracted with AAA Advantage (BEWARE OF THEM!) to ship my car from Virgnia To California. I signed the agreement which did not specify an exact date and said they did not guarantee delivery date. They estimated 1-2 weeks. I feel I have a case b/c this is outside the realm of usual.

Verbally, twice, it was indicated to me that absolute worse case scenario it would take 21 days (one week to arrange pickup, and 1-2 weeks for moving it). They picked it up 2 days after I called to arrange the shipment; May 17. June 8th, 22 days later, my car is finally in california to be delivered. I take off work, then get a call indicating that they have the WRONG CAR. Mine is STILL in virginia. It is now June 15 and my car is not expected to be here until June 22 (36 days later).

I have called UNMEROUS times and have had my calls avoided and never returned. They charged the full price of $825 to my visa when they were only supposed to charge 1/2 and pick up a COD upon delivery.

I understand that i signed a contact that did not guarantee a delivery date, but i had verbal notification that worst case scenario it would be 21 days. Do I have a case?? There has to be something to protect the consumer in situation like this.
PLEASE RESPOND ASAP... I really need to get oing on a small claims case if anyone thinks that I have a case.
THANK YOU
[email protected]

ALawyer

Complain to the charge card company. Write to the Better Business Bureau. Write to the Interstate Commerce Commission. And if you have anger left try to sue them in Small Claims court -- you'd possibly lose but it's worth it IF the court has jurisdiction.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">