• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

W2 Income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dthru00

I am in California and have a new business doing home loans. To process loans under the department of Corporations I must be an employee of a Company with a license. I am and get paid for commissions on loans I originate. This company pays me on a W2 without checking the statutory employee box. All expenses and risk for the business are mine.

How can I move the W2 income into my business and out of personal income? I have not incorporated, but would like to if I can figure out how to move the income. This company will only pay employees, because of the loan license requirement by the department of corporations.

HomeGuru

dthru00 said:
I am in California and have a new business doing home loans. To process loans under the department of Corporations I must be an employee of a Company with a license. I am and get paid for commissions on loans I originate. This company pays me on a W2 without checking the statutory employee box. All expenses and risk for the business are mine.

How can I move the W2 income into my business and out of personal income? I have not incorporated, but would like to if I can figure out how to move the income. This company will only pay employees, because of the loan license requirement by the department of corporations.
**A: you can't because of the licensing law requiring payment to only employees rather than to IC's or compnay and corporate entities such as LLC's and corporations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">