• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to open a Bed and Breakfast in a home I am renting!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dduhamell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona.
I am going to be renting a 5 bedroom home, (from my own mother) and my friend and I are thinking about making it in to a bed and breakfast. Is this legal to do? What type of insurance do I need to protect both customers, and the property owner(again, my mother). Do I need to have a business liscense, does the property need to be inspected, does it need to be zoned for business. This is in the town of Pinetop Arizona, it is a rather small, 4 season, country community. Neighbors are not right on top of each other. The property is actually 5 acres, with 4 different houses, one of which my mother lives in, and she usually rents out the other 3. I am tired of city living (phoenix Arizona) and decided to move back home. If this is legal for me to do. What do I have to do to protect the owner from any legal ramifications if someone was to be hurt in the house I am renting. Do I need to have the kitchen inspected if I am serving breakfast? My sister is against me doing this, because she feels my mother would be responsible if anything was to happen so I am trying to find out if I can, legally, etc. thank you for any responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">