• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to Set up a Company in Canada

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krithika23

I'm basically from Hong Kong. I want to setup a Company in CANADA. I am not a canadian resident nor do I know any of them. Tell me if there are any companies who can help me incorporate there and what the charges are, what documents they need, time to do so etc etc. I don't care which state it is in.

eerelations

You are unlikely to get any useful responses here because this site is about US law, not Canadian law. And Canadian law governs what you want to do.

That said, I am in Canada and can tell you a few things:

Canadian employment, tax and business laws are completely different than those in the US. In addition, there are no states in Canada.

You will have to have a Canadian location for your Canadian corporation. I recommend you choose a location and then find a business lawyer in that area. (And note, the word "attorney" is not used to describe lawyers in Canada.) The lawyer you choose will then handle what you need done from then on. The cost? Probably about the same as it would be in the US, maybe a little bit more.

racer72

1. Learn to say "eh" a lot.
2. Learn to like hockey.
3. Bring a heavy coat, winter lasts 9 months in Canada.
4. Learn to like cheap beer. They think Labatts is good.
5. They call their money loonies, need we say more?

eerelations

1. Learn to say "eh" a lot.
2. Learn to like hockey.
3. Bring a heavy coat, winter lasts 9 months in Canada.
4. Learn to like cheap beer. They think Labatts is good.
5. They call their money loonies, need we say more?

Maybe you shouldn't talk about things you don't know anything about, eh?

Soccer is Canada's most popular sport.

In Canada's most populated areas (Toronto, Vancouver, etc.), winter lasts about three months. We seldom have more than two inches of snow on the ground at any given time during the winter, and often have no snow whatsoever. The average winter temperature is between 30 and 40 degrees Farenheit. (Compare all this to Buffalo! Detroit! Chicago! Boston! brrrrr!)

Our summers last four to five months and the average temperature during that period is between 75 and 85 degrees Farenheit. (Right now - yes I mean right this very minute - it's 75 degrees. And we're expecting a high of 84 later this afternoon.) In July or August we usually have a heat wave for a few weeks and where the temperatures are between 95 and 100 degrees Farenheit. We find it highly amusing when Americans come to Canada during the summer (often during a heat wave), all togged out in fur coats and lugging ski gear.

When we drink cheap beer, we drink Miller High Life or Budweiser. When we want to spend a little more on our beer, we drink British or German lager, or Belgian ale. Labatt's is manufactured mostly for export - to the US.

We don't call all our money loonies, only the $1 coins (which, BTW, are being intro'd to the US soon). The term "loonie" comes from the French (and yes, we're so smart we officially speak two languages in Canada!) term "l'un" which means "the one" and is the beginning of the phrase "the one dollar coin."

racer72

I live just south of the Canadien border and the post I made was based on info given to me by the many relatives I have that live up there. And just a little secret between me and you: (I was joking).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">