• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

web buisness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

motorhead

What is the name of your state? georgia
I am considering starting a web based subscription buisness offering advice on repairing specialized production equiptment.The problem I see is that no doubt someone will misuse or misunderstand my advise and kill,injure,or destroy themselves,someone else or damage thier equiptment. Does anyone know if I can protect myself with a simple disclaimer or not?

clueless3

Can you? No, you cannot. You can make the customers sign a Terms and Conditions statement before rendering advice to them, and you can draft one up and have a lawyer look over to make sure that you have covered your bases. But no T&C will prevent some nutcase from filing suit on you. If McDonald's can lose a suit over hot coffee, so can you over some advice. Just make sure you have adequate insurance and have a service of a lawyer ready, in the event you get sued. It's not If; it's When.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">