• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what about the lemon law ,used cars,in TN

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

feather

i bought a used car, from a 'rinky-dink" auto
dealer. it spent more time in the shop(theirs)than me driving it. when i had picked it up the last time from their lot,i drove about 10 minutes and it broke down again. so i went straight over there and told them where it was and they could have it ....:) ... so they got it and now it shows up on my credit report as repossession
and it is turned into a collection agency for collections....how can i get rid of this problem...when i told them i would get a lawyer for them to take the car back they said there was no need for that. it just showed up on my credit report recently, and it "hurts"...HELP !!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by feather:
i bought a used car, from a 'rinky-dink" auto
dealer. it spent more time in the shop(theirs)than me driving it. when i had picked it up the last time from their lot,i drove about 10 minutes and it broke down again. so i went straight over there and told them where it was and they could have it ....:) ... so they got it and now it shows up on my credit report as repossession
and it is turned into a collection agency for collections....how can i get rid of this problem...when i told them i would get a lawyer for them to take the car back they said there was no need for that. it just showed up on my credit report recently, and it "hurts"...HELP !!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

There is no "lemon law" for used cars. You failed to have the car inspected by your own mechanic prior to purchase . . . so, you signed the contract, and you bought a car. You can do all the "returning" of the car you want, but the fact remains that the car is yours, you signed the contract, and you're responsible for the payments. If you fail to pay, it shows up on your credit report. And now that you have abandoned the car, they have a right to sell the car to obtain any monies due under the contract you signed. If they are unable to sell the car for the amount of the contract, you will remain on the hook for the balance, and they could sue you for that balance. You have no one to blame but yourself.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">