• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can a business pay for?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tbt

What is the name of your state? Florida

I'm interested in starting my own sales/marketing business. I was told that doing so would benefit me with what the business could pay for prior to taxes.

The specific items in question are; my car, a portion of my rent, utilities, IT (pc's/software), insurance and garnishments. Also- how would child support be based? Would it be on amount paid to me by the "company"? Can the company pay into a trust fund?

What amount am I taxed on? Is a C.P.A. the only option for an accountant?

Thank you all for your time-

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state? Florida

I'm interested in starting my own sales/marketing business. I was told that doing so would benefit me with what the business could pay for prior to taxes.

The specific items in question are; my car, a portion of my rent, utilities, IT (pc's/software), insurance and garnishments. Also- how would child support be based? Would it be on amount paid to me by the "company"? Can the company pay into a trust fund?

What amount am I taxed on? Is a C.P.A. the only option for an accountant?

Thank you all for your time-
Not only will you want to talk with an accountant, you will likely also want to talk with an attorney. There are limits to how much a company can pay for to any owner or employee and still be considered a separate operating entity for purposes of the taxes and liability limitations. Google "sarbanes-oxley" for more info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">