• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can i get sued for?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hlau781

What is the name of your state? CA

I'm thinking about operation an online business that pretty much sells letters. However, to avoid a business license permit and a seller's permit, I was thinking of using my brother's and create this business as a subsidiary of his business.

I am wondering what things could i get sued for and if it is smart for me to tough out the cost and time of applying for the permits and bare responsibility if anything was to happen.

I'm a 19 year old entrepreneur and so if i get sued, not much would happen to me, but my bro makes 100k+ a year from his job, and would be bad if he got sued because of my business.

Sorry if I'm not being specific enough or this deems as a really stupid question.

-Henry

Hlau781

what would be ur suggestion then?

To register a business under my name or to run it off of his for now?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">