• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do about neighbors home used as a tattoo parlor.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hawkfish

What is the name of your state? Utah

Hello,

I have a problem. The home across the street is rented by a man that is out of town allot. He has a brother (ex-con) that comes down and uses this home for the purpose of tattooing when he is not home. This is his "job" but he has no business license and is also not on the rental lease agreement to even be living/sleeping at this residence. However we no longer have the correct phone number to contact the owner of the home about this.

We are concerned about two problems with this as 1 he is not licensed and runs the risk of spreading disease as he does not clean his tattoo gun properly. 2, we are sick and tired of all the traffic (some very shady) that is in and out of the neighborhood. :mad:

Do I have any legal paths we can take to fix these problems?

I have no idea where to even start as I can't find any legal code as to tattoo regulations on anything other than doing them on a minor. I live in Sevier county and it appears we have no regulations?

Also no idea who to report the no business licence to. :(

Please help.

I appreciate any advice on this matter.

Thank you.

Hawkfish

I would first suggest going to your local County Clerk office. This is where one needs to go to get a business license, DBA, etc. So just go and ask them what authority to contact regarding the situation you described. It might be the D.A.'s office, might be the police, but you'll find out from the county clerk.

While you're there, ask if Health Services should be notified due to unlicensed tatooing (sanitary issues) and also the Zoning commission as no businesses are allowed which require multiple parking in a residential zone.

Start with this and I'm sure they'll take an interest in contacting the land owner.

hawkfish

Thanks for your reply

Well we did some checking...He does not have a business license. He stated to us that he does not have a business but is "Doing tattoos for friends for tips" so he does not need a license. Funny thing about that is he is listed with AP&P as being a full time tattoo artist as his job but is not employed anywhere.

We also have no county ordinances or health department ordinances on tattoo artists and business so we are helping the health department to push through some laws to help control this. We are also thinking of bothering the city council to pass a few things on this as well.

We also have some people that signed as witness that they got tattoos at his place for a fee not tips so we are pursuing charges on operating a business without a license at the moment as well.

Hope something changes for the better with all this...just to bad we have to go through this hassle to get it done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">