• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do when separating from a nonprofit corporation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isaac206

I started a nonprofit corporation with a friend in PA. The article of incorporation has both her name and mine. The employer identification number was registered with my name alone. I did all the applications and all correspondences are with my name and address. We have a bank account with all money from her and others. Now I am leaving and I don't have trust on her and others. I just want to make sure that I will be off the hook if they got into any legal troubles in the future. What should I do?

chuckles11

Resigning as agent of a nonprofit

i started a nonprofit corporation with a friend in pa. The article of incorporation has both her name and mine. The employer identification number was registered with my name alone. I did all the applications and all correspondences are with my name and address. We have a bank account with all money from her and others. Now i am leaving and i don't have trust on her and others. I just want to make sure that i will be off the hook if they got into any legal troubles in the future. What should i do?
your state should have forms online to change the name of the acting agent of the corporation. Once the change is made, you will be off the hook from that day forward.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">