• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What licenses to apply for

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikkinmiss

Mississippi
Starting on January 1, 2005 my Husband started Sub Contracting as a metal building installer. since this time he has had to hire help for erecting metal buildings. He has used about 20 people on and off for the past 5 months and there have been only a few that we got the social security number in order to send them a 1099. So far we have payed out about $17.000 for contract labor. I have a feeling that we are going to be in serious trouble when it comes tax time. Isn't there a way to get a business license and hire regular employees so that we can hold out and pay taxs so that there wont be a big problem at the end of the year? what do I need to apply for.
ps.. I have been keeping strict records for the past 5 months but I dont know if this is even going to help me.
Oh and one of the guys that my husband hired to go on an install was sent to the job site to install metal building, this guy cut himself (not seriously) and went to a hospital for treatment were as the hospital put a bandaid on the wound and gave him a DT vaccine. He presented the bill to us for payment. I realize that my husband sent him on this job as contract labor even though the guy didn't provide a social security number but are we liable for this bill. we have no workers compensation insurance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">