• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should I do? or What can I do? please help me!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yareli

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Hi I didnt know exactly what area should i post this but if im in the wrong place I apologize in advance and please correct me if you may.
I own a small transportation business and lately has been going down hill for me I use to own a total of 5 trailer trucks about a month ago one burned and it was declared a total loss and three days ago another trucks motor broke down so it is going to be very costly to repair, anyway my issue is with the truck that burned up my insurance is paying a total of $20,000 for the value of the tractor and the trailer which is ok, however my policy only covers me for $10,000 on towing charges the issue is the Tri star towing company is charging me a bit over $23,000 as you can see I would be left with nothing to replace my truck with, the insurance company tried to negotiate with the towing company but they refused, so the insurance just sent me the check for the $10,000 for the towing and told me its my problem now because supposibly the towing company wants to deal with me now What can I do?, right now its not going good in order to try to get back on track I need to replace the lost truck I dont think the towing company will go for the $10,000 and I cant afford not to replace the truck I lost, please help me what can I do?, I would like to seek an attorneys advise but I dont even know what type will help me with this case. Please tell me what type of lawyer should I seek? and/or what do you advise me to do?:(

OHRoadwarrior

http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22651_07.htm

I would get the itemized bill and contact the law enforcement agency involved, per statute. Good Luck.

How much can a towing company charge?

Rates for public tows and storage are generally established by an agreement between the law enforcement agency requesting the tow and the towing company (to confirm the approved rates, you may contact the law enforcement agency that initiated the tow; additionally, these rates are required to be posted at the storage facility).

Rates for private property tows and storage cannot exceed the approved rates for the law enforcement agency that has primary jurisdiction for the property from which the vehicle was removed or the towing company’s approved CHP rate.

Rates for owner’s request tows and storage are generally established by mutual agreement between the requestor and the towing company, but may be dictated by agreements established between the requestor’s motor club and motor club service provider.

Where can you complain about a towing company?

For public tows: Contact the law enforcement agency initiating the tow.

yareli

I already got the towing companies expenses but they seem to much this is why i need to know what kind of lawyer I should seek I dont know much about laws and where to start so I need a lot of help

OHRoadwarrior

Take that bill and go to/call the police agency that oversaw the tow. See if the bill follows their standard tow rates as I linked.

yareli

My company is from California and the incident happend in Arizona do you think the same rules apply there?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">