• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I stand?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

finders

I recently sold a fur coat on ebay. Before I listed it, I took the coat to the original furriers who had sold the coat (their label was inside). I ask them "What kind of fur is it and what is it worth approx.?" I was given the answer to both these questions. I then listed and sold the coat on ebay for about half of the estimated price of the furrier. Still a considerable sum. The person who purchased the coat now claims she is not happy with it and that the fur was not in as good a shape as I stated. She is demanding her money back and threatening to contact my local post office and district attorney claiming mail fraud. I feel I properly represented the coat using the information told to me by the furrier. I had several pics of the coat, along with extreme close ups of the hairs and the hide. It is a beautiful coat, and this particular fur is hard to find. What I'd like to know is, where do I stand? What can I expect to encounter if this person decides to pursue this. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but this person lives several states away.

Thanks,
finders
MO

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Let her sue you if she wants to spend the money, and yes, it does make a difference that she lives several States away. All because she sues you, doesn't mean she'll win. And, unless there's fraud involved, she can forget about any help from the Post Office or the Attorney General's Office. They have bigger fish to fry.

Never, ever, buy anything on EBay, just because of problems like this.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

[This message has been edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE (edited August 29, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">