• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wierd scenario but need direction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DevilsAdvocate

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I rent a office space and housing from the same owner/landlord. Both rentals are located at the same address. My landlord has made several attempts to take over my business and have me work for him. Of course, I declined the proposals due to the income would be less than half of what I currently make. Not to mention that I put my blood, sweat and tears into getting this business off the ground and have built great relationships with state offices to help generate business, charity organizations and local business owners.
The property owner runs his business at the same location as well. He has a plumbing business that is beginning to fail dramatically and has tried several different aspects of his business to generate income. All to no success. He has now focused back on to my business that is generating profit. He has informed me that I need to move out of the residence so he can use it for storage. I also have to relocate my business because he has someone that "might be" interested in renting the front side offices of the building which includes my office.
He has other offices that are vacant, and he made no attempt to accomodate my business in remaining at this location. Only that I need to relocate by the first of the year. I am not behind on rent or owe him any monies for any debt. I am a good paying tenant and pay on time.
I recently discovered that 2 of my training videos on DVD are missing. 1) English and 1) in Spanish. Nobody has any idea where they have gone.
My guess is that he is asking me to relocate so that he can begin his own company after mine. I have my own method of doing my business and can be filed under Trade Secrets. All of my documents and certifications have been designed by me and are completely original.
My concern and interest is in finding or filing a form that will prevent him from operating a business like mine or being affiliated, associated, financially involved or participating in the start up of any business that is similar or like mine. Maybe some type of "Non-Compete" or something??? Is there something that does not have to be signed by both parties that I can actually have him served? There has to be a way to protect my business and prevent the landlord from taking my ideas and business for his own financial gain. He is evicting me from my home and my office with no real legitemate reason.
What can I do?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">