• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I be liable for any law for this scenario

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bunbunx2

I from Asia, Singapore.

I have this business partner who we agree to open an IT solution company together.

This guy (Guy A) is in charge of finding sales and I will be in charge of programing and deliver works.

Our initial agreement was 50% each person, and during 1 of the meeting, he bring in another guy who specialize in Graphic Design (Guy B). and we 3 agree to have 33% cut.

Recently, both of them went to meet clients and give me excuses that they can handle it on their own, base on the benefits of doubt, I believe them.

However because the partner (Guy A) once logged into his email at my laptop and forgot to logout, I chance upon this email conversation between Guy A and B and realize the payout that the client original agreed to paid was double.

They send me the contract by messenger and the picture was doctored, the contract that they sign with the client was actually 200% of what they show me in picture.

However as the company was not "established or registered" and I am not in the company name and there was severe dishonest practice, they do sign the contract with the client to promise to deliver within a specific time, but due to all this dishonest practice involve in our first cooperation, I decided to withdraw and not offer my programing to them.

They will be liable for the contract that they sign if they fail to deliver the work.

The facts that they show me a fake contract with them doing nothing but just talk to client and I need to do all the work.

The payout is

me - 20%
Guy A - 33%
Guy B - 46%

Base on my calculation on the figure they mention.

Am I liable for anything? I did have verbal agreement with them but its not recorded, and I also mention I want to revise the payout before I start work. I din't give them any promise that I will definitely take on the job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">