• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wireless solutions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LoganF

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I work for someone who is looking into offering a private WiFi solution for a city in Massachusetts. Is there any preperation that I will need to do in order to allow this? The antenna would be placed on the roof of the bulding we lease/own in the city so none would be attached to city/private property besides our own and we would offer certain types of "packages" to people who inquired.

Is there any paperwork I will need to file with anyone for regulation purposes although it is private?

TomD1974

1) You may have to deal with zoning issues regarding the antenna structure. Make sure to get the required permit(s).

2) There will be some FCC and FTC regulations regarding your services and infrastructure. Nothing too significant. Check out http://www.ftc.gov/os/2006/10/V060021municipalprovwirelessinternet.pdf and you'll know all you need to know re: FTC regs. FCC involvement goes to things like power levels, security and RF interference. Check out www.fcc.gov.

LoganF

Thanks for the reply. I knew there was going to be some level of FCC involvement I just wasnt sure what it was going to be. I'll look into those links though thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">