• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work from your home scam or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

auntbob

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Can any one tell me about those ads you see on the net about making money at home on your computer.
Are they what they say they are? They say you can make good money selling products on the net.
Do you have to have a business licence to do this?
Just curious, I was thinking about trying this. I am off from work now for a disabilty, and I NEED some extra money.
Thanks for any answers

A

AmateurShyster

Sadly, I would guess that every single one of these promotions is a scam. The basic ploy is that you send them some money for materials, or instructions, or something. The send you nada, and you then realize that you can't find them in order to get it back.

Many occupations require state licenses, and the requirements differ greatly from state to state. A good starting point would be your Secretary of State at http://www.michigan.gov/sos. Get a telephone number from that site, call them, and ask them where you can find a list of occupations that require licenses.

As far as starting an in-home business goes, you have to ask one basic question: what do you know how to do or make that other people want to buy? Maybe you're a great cook, or an expert mechanic, or a writer of rare talent. It mostly takes imagination and a bit of chutzpah to succeed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">