• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Working with Significant Other

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BR288

New York

I have been working with my significant other for about 3 years. He owns his own multimedia business. I have provided an enormous amount of help on a daily basis, most of it unpaid or for very little compensation. Recently, the work environment has become very toxic, and I no longer will have any sort of relationship with this person. Am I legally entitled to any renumeration after the fact, or have I worked for nothing? I'm worried I got very, very suckered. :( Thanks.

Isis1

New York

I have been working with my significant other for about 3 years. He owns his own multimedia business. I have provided an enormous amount of help on a daily basis, most of it unpaid or for very little compensation. Recently, the work environment has become very toxic, and I no longer will have any sort of relationship with this person. Am I legally entitled to any renumeration after the fact, or have I worked for nothing? I'm worried I got very, very suckered. :( Thanks.
it was your choice to work for free. stop working there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">