• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it worth starting a business with the economy falling?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xlovergirl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State

Is it worth starting a business now with the economy falling?

cosine

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State

Is it worth starting a business now with the economy falling?
It depends on your financial status, the type of business you will be operating, the work you are willing to put into it, and how long you are willing to wait for results. Can you build this business with your current finances, or do you need to take out a loan?

We would need more information to give you better advice.

For example, if you are going into a line of business that competes against others that are going out of business, you would face a small available market right now. But when the economy begins to come back, you would be in a very good position to take a larger portion of the regrowing marking.

xlovergirl

It depends on your financial status, the type of business you will be operating, the work you are willing to put into it, and how long you are willing to wait for results. Can you build this business with your current finances, or do you need to take out a loan?

We would need more information to give you better advice.

For example, if you are going into a line of business that competes against others that are going out of business, you would face a small available market right now. But when the economy begins to come back, you would be in a very good position to take a larger portion of the regrowing marking.

I'll need to do a loan. I'm unemployed, married, and pregnant with my second child. I was thinking of a dvd rental store here in my town, offering adult dvd rentals too.

Antigone*

I'll need to do a loan. I'm unemployed, married, and pregnant with my second child. I was thinking of a dvd rental store here in my town, offering adult dvd rentals too.
You will have NO chance in getting a loan if you are not employed. Start-ups require a lot cash and you have none.

No capital to inject ~ no business.

No job ~ no loan.

Country Living

You will have to have a business plan to even get in the door of a lending institution. Sometimes putting one together is a reality check in itself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">