• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Power shut off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SmallBusowner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I am a newer small business owner of a small restaurant. I am just starting to make a little bit of money after being open for 6 months. However today I had a huge set back. My power company shut off my power at noon today, right in the middler of our lunch rush. After a phone call to the power company they said it was their mistake they had been billing me for the wrong address, which I always paid. The previous occupants was sent a shut off notice two weeks ago, I called about it and they said my account was fine and it was a differs suite in the complex that was behind.

They said they would turn my power back on sometime before ten o'clock that night. They also are saying I will have to make up the difference on charges between the account I was paying and what my actual account. Which is sounds like it may be close to $3,000.

Few questions, is the power company responsible for my lost business that day? If I had any meat go bad? Can they back charge me when they didn't charge me the right amount?

Thanks in advance

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I am a newer small business owner of a small restaurant. I am just starting to make a little bit of money after being open for 6 months. However today I had a huge set back. My power company shut off my power at noon today, right in the middler of our lunch rush. After a phone call to the power company they said it was their mistake they had been billing me for the wrong address, which I always paid. The previous occupants was sent a shut off notice two weeks ago, I called about it and they said my account was fine and it was a differs suite in the complex that was behind.

They said they would turn my power back on sometime before ten o'clock that night. They also are saying I will have to make up the difference on charges between the account I was paying and what my actual account. Which is sounds like it may be close to $3,000.

Few questions, is the power company responsible for my lost business that day? If I had any meat go bad? Can they back charge me when they didn't charge me the right amount?

Thanks in advance
Which utility service?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">