• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

10 year old Tax Lien

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vworthy

California:

I have a entry on my credit report dated 7/1995 Tax Lien for California. I have not lived in CA since joining the military in "85". I have tried to contact the county court without success. What if any is my course of action?

abezon

Find out for what years CA is imposing a lien, then file returns for those years showing that you had no CA income & owe no CA tax. Then ask CA to vacate/release the lien. Then click your heels together 3 times & say "but I didn't live in CA".

FYI, when you join the military, you remain a resident of the state you lived in when you joined until you take some positive steps to change residency to another state.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">