• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1099-MISC for dependent child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leszek

What is the name of your state? MI
I am filing my taxes (itemized deductions) and claiming my daughter as dependent.
She was helping during summer camp in 2007 and received 1099-MISC for $684.00 (Box 7. - Nonemployee compensation). No income taxes were withheld. Can anyone tell me if and should I file this? She is full time student if that helps in anything.
Thank you
Leszek

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? MI
I am filing my taxes (itemized deductions) and claiming my daughter as dependent.
She was helping during summer camp in 2007 and received 1099-MISC for $684.00 (Box 7. - Nonemployee compensation). No income taxes were withheld. Can anyone tell me if and should I file this? She is full time student if that helps in anything.
Thank you
Leszek
Your daughter would need to file her own tax return, with a schedule C-EZ. She will owe a small amount of self employment tax, but no actual income tax. She would also note on her own return that she is the dependent of another.

Leszek

Your daughter would need to file her own tax return, with a schedule C-EZ. She will owe a small amount of self employment tax, but no actual income tax. She would also note on her own return that she is the dependent of another.
Thank you for your fast response!
Leszek

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">