• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1099 Misc income and reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbet_us

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho
my employer filled a 1099 misc that states on lines 3 and 18, I had an income of $27414.47 when $9715.27 of that amount is reimbursed out of pocket expenses. Should the 1099 show on lines 3 and 18 $17689.20 and line 7 $9715.27. If he does not want to change to show the correct income and reimbursement amounts what can I do?

cbet_us

1099 Misc

Please explain how he can claim that he paid me an income of $27414.47 when my income was only $17689.20. I purchased parts that are not on my schedule approx. $2500. I my have been been reimbursed but still taxed because I cant find a line to put it on.

tranquility

Payments for services (including parts) is appropriately reported on a 1099. If you have expenses against the 1099 amount received, list them. It is irrelevant, completely irrelevant, to your tax situation to have what you feel proper on the 1099 as income and what is reported if the difference is related to expenses.

You could have a big argument about proper reporting on the 1099 (which I'm not going to get in to) with the other person or you can just take the form's number and subtract your properly documented expenses.

What is the problem?

cbet_us

1099 Misc

Thanks, that I can understand. Before it was as clear as mud.:) Relevance was the issue. Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">